Author Topic: Your Live Setup  (Read 2046 times)

Daggers

• Scrub
  • That's right wonkey aye?
    • View Profile
Your Live Setup
« on: September 28, 2013, 04:18:02 AM »
Interested to know what you guys takes for your gigs. Do you run with a couple of thumb drives, or something more complex? How does it differ from what you have at home.

Also add advantages and disadvantages of your setup.

I'll start.

Assuming the venue has CDJ 2000s and any sort of mixer.

I take a Powered Belkin hub, my SL1, 3 USB type A - USB type B Cables. Two are connected to the CDJ's for HID and one is used for my SL1. I sometimes take my NanoKey for cue and loop triggering. Finally my MBP 13'' extra RCA cables and my ATH 500mk2 s

Advantages.
HID SSL fucking rocks and it's super quick. I get waveform and cue point info on the 2000s and everything browses and runs natively, also the looping with SSL is amazing. All my tracks are there straight from a Dig

Disadvantages.
Lots for gear to take and remember, forget one thing and it causes problems. More things to go wrong. Can be a bit of a pain to set up and pack up.

What I run at home.

CDJ 400s and DJM 400. All hooked up via HID and SSL.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 10:26:40 AM by Zayler »

Zayler

• Daftwho? Badman
  • Administrator
  • Scrub
  • I'm a robot.
    • View Profile
    • DAFTWHO?
Re: Your Live Setup
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 10:25:46 AM »
As you know Daggers, I use a Vestax VCI-380. Upgraded from my VCI-300, which was a great beginner controller, and still is. The 380 is awesome, velocity pads and all!

Daggers

• Scrub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 07:32:31 AM »
I think I've told you how much I love the 380. Vestax Gear is yummy and I love most of their stuff, including their amazing tables. I'd like to get my hands on a 400 but money... with new Serato DJ support and incoming DVS support for the phono inputs (In serato DJ, Traktor can already use them), the 380 is a versatile beast.

getfucked

• Scrub
  • I'm fresh meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 03:09:42 PM »
i use the numark ns6 i want to upgrade to CDJs. to be exact pioneer 850s - pioneer 800 mixer! its my dream EQ!

Daggers

• Scrub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 12:57:34 AM »
I wouldn't be so quick as to discount the the NS6, but 850s are beast.

If your wanting to move to CDJs on the cheap I'd go with either 400s or 350s. 350s have Rekord Box capability which is something I wish I had with the 400s.

I however don't see the need for a fancy 4 channel mixer, but that's just me... Another alternative is the behringer ddm 4000. That being said, I'm hunting down a DJM 909, and they ain't cheap either.

All in all you can't go wrong with the 850s, They have Traktor/Serato HID capability and when using Traktor you don't need a soundcard, the 850s have internal ones.

I think in general, Pioneer gear is pretty rock solid, I don't rate the DJM 2000/2000N models, the touch screens are too fragile (especially when compared to the 909).

Keep saving is all I can say :)